Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Renovation week 29 | kitchen update!


Never mind the mess, we got backsplash! My kitchen started to look like a real kitchen. I don't have to imagine anymore how it would turn out because it's awesome!
craftsman bungalow renovation. beveled subway tile backsplash with dark grout

craftsman bungalow renovation. beveled subway tile backsplash with dark grout

craftsman bungalow renovation. beveled subway tile backsplash with dark grout

craftsman bungalow renovation. beveled subway tile backsplash with dark grout
I love the look of subway tiles because it's classic and it goes with our vintage style. We picked inexpensive beveled subway tiles we found at Homedepot. It was about $4/sqft. 
We finish the edge with left over Caesarstone we used on our countertop. I think like it better than using bull nose tiles. I just think sharp edge goes better with my cabinet doors. 

craftsman bungalow renovation. beveled subway tile backsplash with dark grout

craftsman bungalow renovation. beveled subway tile backsplash with dark grout

craftsman bungalow renovation. beveled subway tile backsplash with dark grout
We haven't grouted the tiles yet, but it already looks like it has dark color around the tiles. Which I like. We would probably go with dark grout just because it's good for hiding stains. Any thought? 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...