Sunday, March 7, 2010

Green Curry

Green curry was one of the first dishes I ever cooked in my life. When I was in junior high school I took a cooking class and green curry was one of the dishes that were taught in that class. A lot of people asked me why is this dish called green curry. I guess they just don't understand why is this "green" when it's actually grayish. Which I agree. Typical green curry we find here looks somewhat muted green. It's a combination of coconut milk and blended spices in pre-made green curry paste. What makes the paste green is green peppers.
Green curry is pretty easy to make if you know the secret.
I been making my own green curry at home for years but not quit as green as this one.

Ingredients
  • 4 boneless chicken breasts, cubed
  • 1 can coconut milk
  • 4 tablespoons green curry paste
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 2 cups blended green veggies and basil
Stir fry curry paste in vegetable oil until golden brown but not burnt. Add 1/4 of coconut milk and bring it to boil. Cook coconut milk on low heat to break down the milk and cream and allow the oil to separate. Slowly add the rest of the coconut milk. Add blended veggies and basil. bring it to boil. Add chicken right away, bring it to boil. Garnish it with basil and green peppers.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...